Saturday, May 14, 2011

Ugly Alligator or Lizard/Toad & cooking frenzy in the kitchen!



ugly plastic alligator 
Ugly on his hairbrush, hehe
ugly toy by kitchen sink! ugh!
Thursday a.m. I opened the refrigerator to find an ugly plastic dragon on our meat.  My oldest son had gone through his toys, that I made him save for his kids, and found it.  It's ugly.  So I put it in between his sheets by his feet that night.   He awoke around 1 a.m. to fear a huge scorpion was in his bed! hehe He put the thing near my pillow under the covers.   When Gary made the bed down that night he found it and put it on my night stand.  I found it and put it on Josh's hairbrush in the bathroom drawer.  Matt thought Josh put it on his hairbrush, since I put it in the wrong drawer and put it in Josh's bathroom drawer on his toothbrush.  This morning when Gary got his coffee cup out, it was in there!  I got up to find it by the kitchen sink & left it on Josh's keyboard.  Since that didn't seem to make a big enough impression, I put it deep inside something else rather useful but I'm not saying where! ;o)  (there's a surprise if you click the paragraph above) 

Being that it's Saturday, I thought it'd be a great idea to make enough food for tomorrow so I don't have to cook.  This girl has to have a day of rest.  Gary had mentioned Pasta E Fagioli earlier this week and thinking ahead I made a huge batch!  It can serve 12 people so surely it'll tie us over till Monday!  :))  Here's a few pictures of how I made myself productive today ;o)


pasta e fagioli



my whole wheat pasta

rolling a pasta sheet

cutting the pasta

rolling out whole wheat pita bread

cooling warm pitas to store in the freezer 

pitas & basil pesto mmm!

natural yogurt, raw honey & fresh frozen raspberries

sweet raspberry yogurt & honey smoothy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment