Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday...I blogged for a week! Satisfied!

This last week flew by!  I can hardly believe I blogged for a week and yes, I'm satisfied, content, lacking in nothing!  How very grateful I am to God for bringing wholeness and completeness to my life.

This past week someone told me that God never intended for us to compare ourselves to another.  They also said that it's Satan that brings condemnation when we do.  Isn't that the truth?  So when I get those mixed up feelings that I'm not doing my part, not measuring up, not doing enough, it just isn't so.  I've learned to say no to opportunities that may seem like good ones but if I don't feel God asking me to do it, I don't move.  It took one season of answering every call, every crusade, every concert, every recording, every conference for me to get completely burned out and face adrenal exhaustion.  I'm more than grateful for every opportunity because through it, somehow it completed a longing within me.  Fortunately, Gary and I were able to evaluate our situation and let some things that although they were good, go.  It took me a long time to get over some of it.  It was a ride, it was exciting, it was amazing and it was exhausting.  God will not give us more than we can bear, or will He?  Not alone.  That I know to be true, but if your body and mind is telling you to rest, is speaking to you by becoming ill, than one must step back and evaluate their life.

Today I was able to ride my mountain bike for 40 minutes in our neighborhood over cobblestone roads, sat in a car for at least 2 hours round trip, knocking me this way and that because the Mexican highways are horrible.  Those two activities are hard on me with 3 herniated discs.  But someone sent prayers up to heaven on behalf of me today and I'm believing for my miracle!!

We did a little birthday shopping for our daughter's 2nd birthday coming up.  When we arrived home, it was so warm and I was so sleepy that I crawled into bed and took a nap.  We don't have central air or heat.  I'm going to grill some balsamic chicken and make paninis for dinner then hope to relax a little with my family before bed.  

The next few weeks will be interesting.  A couple birthdays, District Council, a 5th Sunday with very exciting guests coming and maybe eventually, I'll get to see the beach and swim.  

No comments:

Post a Comment