Friday, May 13, 2011

2-4-1 French Dip Thursday...Am I Famous For My Pizza?

Yesterday the blogger was out so being I couldn't post about my Thursday, this is a 2-4-1 blog:
French Dip Thursday
garden planning 
This morning I woke to my daughter singing so sweetly in her bed as she often does.  The tune, familiar, "E, I, E, I, E."  Is there anything more precious than a nearly two year old trying to sing, "The B-I-B-L-E?" 

In the afternoon there was time for planning my summer garden.  Companion gardening can be mind boggling as you study which plants like the other.  One can help it grow while another draws the wrong types of bugs.   

Sirloin Tip Roast
 Gary's been craving French Dip Sandwiches.  Mexican beef cuts are not like the US of A and some can be very tough, including sirloin tip.  In the states I could serve a juicy tender roast from the oven but not here.  I opted to puree garlic, shallots & fresh thyme.  Smothered the mixture over the meat adding salt, pepper & 1 cup of water.  Next time I'll add 2 cups of water for more au juice.  Put that baby in the pressure cooker for 30 minutes and it was perfect for French Dip.
My next bread to try baking from scratch was French Bread.






The first time I'm always a little nervous because I'm not quite sure how long it's going to take me nor how well the bread will taste.  I substituted sugar with raw honey and was not disappointed.  The bread was called, "French Bread to Die For," and it did not disappoint.  I was very pleased.  

French Dip Sandwich











It makes me feel good that I was able to make this for my honey.  He liked it very much and even commented that he didn't think a lot of husbands would have homemade french bread.  Good job honey on filling my love tank((heart))






Am I Famous For My Pizza?
"Da-ddy. Da-ddy,  Mo-mmy, Mo-mmy"  was the little tune I woke up to this Friday morning.   Our daughter really is a bundle of joy to her parents.  We are delighted that she is ours.  Gary said to me the other day that he had no idea how much he'd enjoy her when she was born ;o)

I just can't believe how quickly this week has flown by!  Sunday is almost here again.  I always consider Sunday our biggest day of the week.  Mostly because the morning is the most difficult for me with a toddler but I know this won't last for very long.

My Pizza
Am I famous for my pizza?  It's a question that I'm wondering about.  Only because once you've tried it, guaranteed, you'll be asking to come back for more.   It's like Turkish Delight from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe :)   My mother asked me if we couldn't get good pizza in our area and the truth be known, the answer is no.  So, yes, my pizza is completely wonderful and that's without saying.  

Two years ago we used to get Domino's 2 for 1 pizza every Tuesday night.  That was replaced with this pizza that has evolved over time.  Whole wheat pita crust, marinara sauce from all fresh ingredients including herbs from my garden and stewed chicken, fresh mozzarella & goat cheese, parmesan & feta.  Personally I like the green olives but I'm the only one in my family of 5 that likes them.   I really wanted an octopus from the tianguis this week to top my pizza with but they didn't have any! *sigh* maybe next week.

A few days ago, a very kind lady in our church expressed to me her desire to have my recipe.  She let me know that she doesn't like pizza and made known back east in the states where she's from, that this is the best pizza she's ever had!  Thank you so much for those kind words Joanne.  It was cute how her and her husband ran into mine at the chicken stand one day.  They'd recently been to the house and I'd served them pizza.  At this point in time, pizza is easy for me to make, filling and serves a few people so it's been my choice for serving when having guests over.  If I haven't had you over for pizza yet and you'd like to come, let me know and we'll have an afternoon of it, I'd love to have you over!  Now back to this kind couple and my husband at the chicken stand.  My husband invited them to eat chicken at our house but Joanne said that she'd like to wait until I made pizza again.  She didn't know the chicken was just tying us over until the pizza was done.  It was a fun afternoon.  Don't you just love being spontaneous?

I've had guests from New York to Colima and they all say the same thing.  They love my pizza!  Some of them write and tell me they crave it, they tell their school cooking teachers about it.  Some teachers have wanted me to come to their class and teach them how to make it!  This all gives me the giggles but it's a lot of fun.  It is good but I'm sure another could knock my socks off....maybe???  The best thing about this pizza is that it's good for you!  There isn't anything in it that you shouldn't have.  :))

This afternoon I was able to have a nice visit with a lovely lady, who was willing to come to my home and see me while my daughter was napping.   When it cooled down, I did a little weeding in the garden and planted some seeds!  This is really exciting and I can hardly wait to see the results!  Here's a little brief garden tour:   

my square foot garden

at this end & still growing are serrano peppers,
eggplant, & basil all planted from seeds.  Also thyme & strawberries
and a little garlic is in there

serrano chili peppers make Mexican Salsa rock!

lettuce & carrots w/oregano growing on the side

raised bed gardening

our beautiful view although smoky this evening

a handsome carwasher

a red rose



No comments:

Post a Comment